Every year, thousands of women go through breast lift procedures to revive volume & shape of their breasts for a more natural and youthful breast contour. Breast Lift, medically referred as Mastopexy intends to perk up sagging breasts, a condition usually called as ‘breast ptosis’. Latest statistics & researches show breast lift procedures have grown by 40 percent since 2015, outpacing breast implants. Many a time, breast lifts are combined with other interventions like breast reduction or breast augmentation surgeries. In such cases, breasts are lifted as they are expanded or decreased in dimension. The after-effect is smooth breasts that look & feel much better.
What is a Breast Lift Surgery?
Breast Lift surgery raises breasts by extracting excess skin & tightening the enclosing tissue to amend and support the new breast curve. In this act, position of nipple- areola complex can be magnified to a more juvenile & youthful position. A woman’s breasts may change over a period of time, losing their firmness & natural shape. This loss of skin elasticity can result from the following reasons.
- Breastfeeding & Pregnancy: Pregnancy & breastfeeding may be responsible for the degree of sagging of breasts.
- Fluctuations in Body Weight: Excessive weight loss brings about loss of volume which can also cause sagging.
- Aging: Normal aging process results in the depreciating firmness of breasts.
- Gravity: Effects of gravity may add to the reason for sagging breasts.
- Heredity: Hereditary factors play a role in drooping breasts as well.
Breast lift surgery can recondition one’s figure with a new breast profile that is more uplifted & youthful.
Appearance of breasts matter most, to most women in this world & so from past few decades breast lift is innovating surgical techniques in order to fulfill the needs of its clients. A good breast lift candidate, however, should able to fulfill the following categories.
- Health of the Patient: Women who are physically fit & maintain a stable body weight.
- Non Smoking: Women who do not smoke are ideal candidates.
- Feeling of Insecurity: Women who are bothered by the feeling that their breast has lost volume & shape.
- Pendulous Breasts: Women who have elongated shaped, flatter or pendulous breasts.
- Position of Nipples: When nipples are falling below breast crease when they are unsupported.
- Downward Position of Areolas: When areolas & nipples point in a downward direction.
- Stretched Skin: Women who have noticeably stretched skin & enlarged areolas.
- Asymmetric Breasts: When one breast is lower than the other.
There are several techniques which are employed in breast lift surgery. Incisions are made as per contours of breasts so that scarring is minimal & hidden. Various techniques employed for breast lift surgery can be enumerated as follows.
- Lollipop Lift – This lift is performed for women who have moderate sagging breasts. In this technique, an incision is done near areola & vertically downwards to the crease in breast, replicating somewhat a keyhole. It is usually used when patients are not getting implants along with a breast lift.
- Anchor Incision – This includes one incision surrounding the areola, another along breast crease in horizontal direction & one that connects these both. Most invasive technique but it is performed if there is severe amount of sagging. It is the most preferred technique if there is a breast reduction procedure also done concurrently.
- Benelli Lift (Donut Lift) –This technique is best for women who have mild amount of sagging. This is commonly used along with breast implants.
- Crescent Lift – In this technique, an incision is done only on the upper half portion of the areola. This procedure generally accompanies breast augmentation & is most suitable for those with lesser degree of sagging.
- The Scar Less Lift – This technique lifts breasts but does not necessarily address sagging. Very tiny incisions are made where an endoscope is inserted to monitor the area.
Breast lift can be successfully achieved through above mentioned incision patterns & techniques.
Breast lift surgery can be performed by taking a mutual decision with the plastic surgeon. In preparing for a breast lift procedure, patient may be asked to perform the following.
- Get lab testing or an initial medical evaluation.
- Incorporate certain necessary medications prior to surgery.
- Get a baseline mammogram, one before breast lift & another one after surgery to observe or detect any further modifications which are required in patient’s breast tissue.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs & aspirin as they can increase chances of severe bleeding.
Breast lift surgery may be performed in any reputed hospital. Patients should organize for someone to stay at least the night following surgery for personal assistance.
During consultation, plastic surgeons will usually exchange views with patients whether or not a breast lift is sufficient to meet their goals. They will also detail the procedures that will be performed. It is highly important to listen to them carefully & ask questions during initial consultation. Some necessary & essential questions a patient may ask the cosmetic surgeon are as follows.
- How many years of experience have you had in breast lift surgery?
- Am I a good candidate for breast lift surgery?
- How should I prepare for my breast lift surgery?
- What sort of anesthesia will be used during my breast lift surgery?
- Where and how will you perform my breast lift procedure?
- How much is time is expected for my breast lift surgery?
- When can I start performing my routine activities?
- What are the risks & complications associated with my breast lift surgery?
- May I see any significant breast lift before & after photographs of patients you have treated earlier?
- How will my capacity to breastfeed be affected after this surgery?
- If further additional surgeries are needed, will it affect my health?
- Six Weeks before Breast Lift Surgery – Quit smoking completely.
- Two Weeks before Breast Lift Surgery – Get habitual to sleeping on back at night, with cushions that give a 30 to 45-degree angle because for the first few days after breast lift surgery, patients will have to follow this routine.
- One Week before Breast Lift Surgery – Make arrangements for family & friends to take care after surgery.
Appropriate method which is most suitable for the patient will be finalized based upon the following listed points.
- Breast profile & size.
- Position of areolas.
- Amount of breast sagging.
- Elasticity & skin quality as well as the amount of excessive skin.
Main steps of breast lift surgery are as follows.
- Anesthesia – On an average, breast lift surgery takes two to three hours of time & usually requires administration of general anesthesia. Anesthesia is primarily given so that the patient does not feel any discomfort.
- Incision – Next, the plastic surgeon chooses to place an incision pattern which is generally determined by amount of excessive skin which is present, the degree of sagging & overall size of breasts.
- Reshaping Breasts – After the surgeon has made incisions, underlying breast tissue is reshaped & lifted to improve breast firmness. Nipple & areola are relocated to a natural & youthful height. Swollen areolas are reduced by excising skin at perimeter & excess breast skin is eliminated to compensate for the loss of supple skin.
- Closing the Incision – All incisions are finally enclosed with sutures, strategically placed under the breast so they are hidden. Skin adhesives & surgical tape may be used to nicely close the skin.
- Result – Following breast lift surgery, shape of breasts, their height of projection & their symmetry or balance will be highly improved.
During breast lift recovery, bandages & dressings will be applied to incisions after surgery is performed. Patient will have to wear an elastic bandage to reduce swelling & support breasts during the healing phase. A thin tube may be placed under the skin for a little while to drain excess blood & fluids that may collect. The patient should, however, avoid vigorous gym, sports & heavy exercises until after 7 to 8 weeks of breast lift surgery. Surgeons may give specific instructions to patients as well regarding the following.
- How to take care of breasts after breast lift surgery.
- Essential medications to take orally so as to promote healing & minimize the potential for infection.
- General health specific concerns.
- When to follow up with the cosmetic surgeon.
Patient should also ask specific questions to surgeons about what to expect during breast lift recovery.
- Where will I be taken once my breast lift surgery is complete?
- What type of medication will I be prescribed after my breast lift surgery?
- When will bandages be removed after breast lift surgery?
- When will you remove the stitches?
- When can I go back to normal routine after breast lift surgery?
- When do I come back for follow-up care?
All types of surgeries have some potential complications & risks. Below is a brief list of complications that could result following breast lift surgery.
- Hematoma Formation
- Severe Infection
- Blood Clots
- Anesthesia Risks
- Indigent Healing of Incisions
- Certain Changes in Breast Sensation, which may be temporary or permanent in nature
- Breast Irregularities
- Asymmetry of Breasts
- Fat Necrosis
- Accumulation of Fluid
- Partial or Total Loss of Nipple & Areola
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Complications
- Revisional Surgery
Following symptoms are generally observed in patients following breast lift surgery.
- Notable Pain after anesthesia wears off
- Swelling & Redness that diminish in the first few weeks
- Difference in how nipples feel
- Moderate Bruising that gradually reduces within the first few weeks
Breast lift patient should clearly ask the plastic surgeon about associated risks & complications with the breast lift procedure.
As time passes, swelling will start to resolve & incision lines will fade. Immense satisfaction with a fresh & fuller breast image should continue to grow as one recovers from breast lift surgery. Actual results of breast lift surgery will start to appear over the next few months. However, sexual activities should be avoided for a few months following surgery. Results of breast lift surgery will be long lasting & give perkier breasts to the patient that sit higher on the chest area. Patient will be able to maintain this new look for a longer span of time if they take care of the following.
- Maintain Proper Weight
- Live a Healthy Lifestyle
Also, one should keep in mind that breast lift surgery should be entertained only after childbearing stage is completed. Various visible changes that occur in breasts during the time of pregnancy can diminish or entirely reverse the improvement which a breast lift procedure provides. Surgeon’s instructions should be followed religiously to ensure the success of breast lift surgery. It is extremely important to visit the plastic surgeon at regular intervals of time to avoid any future complications.
Best Benefits of Breast Lift Surgery in India
Apart from being an economically advancing country, India is fast emerging as a favorable destination for medical tourism. Most experts from healthcare industry acknowledge the fact that India has managed to shine as a global healthcare giver. Medical tourism in India attracts innumerable foreign patients, right through the year due to top-notch medical provisions reflecting international standards. Large pool of qualified plastic surgeons & extremely low treatment costs of breast lift surgery has opened up a huge healthcare potential for overseas patients. Cost of Breast lift surgery in India is one-third the price charged in other developed countries like the UK, Germany, Australia, Canada or the United States. Travcure Medical Tourism is the leading medical facilitator in India serving patients from all across the world seeking affordable plastic surgeries including breast lift surgery. Travcure has tie ups with many internationally accredited medical hospitals & to plastic surgeons in India. Travcure staff believes in making a client’s medical journey as pleasant as possible by giving them a memorable cosmetic surgery experience.
To Get Free Quotes & Consultation For This Treatment in India
Call Us: +91-8600044116
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org