Bradycardia has become one of the most common heart diseases nowadays. It slows down the heartbeat rate significantly and disturbs normal functioning of the heart. The heart may fail to pump sufficient amount of blood which may lead to life-threatening complications. Dizziness, fainting, and chest pain are the major symptoms associated with bradycardia. A pacemaker surgery can work wonders for patients struggling with severe bradycardia condition.
What is Pacemaker? Why is it needed?
A pacemaker is a specialized medical device that can help generate and control heartbeat rate of an individual suffering from abnormal heart rhythm condition such as bradycardia. Initially, doctors may give medicines to help patients. If medicines do not serve the purpose then pacemaker surgery can be a good alternative. Pacemaker device can be implanted in the chest area with a simple surgical procedure to maintain normal heart rate and ensure efficient functioning of the heart.
Common Complications Associated with Pacemaker Devices
The following list conveys most common complications associated with pacemaker devices.
● Severe Infection – Patients may encounter severe infection at surgical site due to implantation of pacemaker device.
● Allergic Reaction to Anesthesia – Anesthesia used during procedure may cause adverse effects on patients. Patients must consult such things with respective anesthesiologist prior undergoing a pacemaker surgery.
● Swelling and Bruising – Patients may experience swelling and bruising after completion of surgery. Doctors may advise certain medications like blood thinners to control such complications.
● Blood Vessels Damage – Blood vessels or nerves surrounding pacemaker device may get damaged during pacemaker implantation procedure.
● Collapsed Lung – This is the major complication associated with pacemaker surgery which may result in patient’s death. A prompt treatment becomes necessary to save patients in case of collapsing of lungs.
These complications can be easily minimized by choosing a well-versed cardiac surgeon. Therefore, selecting a highly experienced surgeon is crucial for reducing risks and attaining best outcomes.
Merits of Availing Pacemaker Surgery in India
India has emerged as a popular cardiac care hub due to the presence of experienced cardiac surgeons and availability of top-class medical provisions at highly cost effective rates. This country provides a large range of treatments and surgeries for heart diseases including pacemaker surgery. To be honest, pacemaker surgery cost in western countries like Australia and United Kingdom is extremely high which a normal man cannot afford. Whereas, Indian hospitals provide pacemaker surgery at very less price, nearly one-third of the amount charged in other nations. Therefore, overseas patients seeking high-quality treatment for bradycardia at affordable prices can choose pacemaker surgery in India.