Senior Surgical Oncologist
Fortis Hospital, Mumbai
Dr. Anil Heroor has been associated with Fortis Hospitals since 2006. He has completed his basic training from Tata Memorial Hospital, a premier cancer institute in the country and his MBBS from the Seth G. S. Medical College & KEM Hospital, Mumbai. He did his general surgical training from the LTMG Hospital, Mumbai.
After passing MS, he did his surgical oncology training at the Tata Memorial Hospital, performing numerous cancer surgeries. He has numerous publications including 17 international publications to his credit.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Thoracic Surgery like Lung Cancer Surgery
- Mediastinal tumours
- Breast cancer including Breast conservation therapy for cancer
- Oesophageal cancer
- Minimal access (Laparoscopic) surgery for cancer
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Best Paper award at ISOCON ’02 from Indian society of Oncology.
- Varoon Mahajan Scholarship from Varoon Mahajan Trust, USA, for training in thoracic services at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, NY, USA.
- Wockhardt Award in ’97 for standing first in MS in LTMM College, Mumbai.
- Best Paper Award at MAS/CON ’96 held at Ahmednagar.
- Indian Society on Oncology
- Indian Society of Surgical oncology
- Indian Medical Association
- Visiting Research Fellow in 2001 in the Department of Oesophagea/ Diseases with Prof. Fujita at the Kurume University Hospital, Japan.
- Clinical Observer in 2001 at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York USA, with the Thoracic Services.
- Visited the New York Presbyterian Hospital and attended the surgeries conducted by Dr. Altorki who is a leading figure in the field of Oesophageal Cancer.
- Attended the Dept. of Colorectal Surgery in Samsung Medical Centre, Seoul. For the “Laparoscopic Surgery in Colorectal Cancer and Hands-on Workshop” in Seoul, South Korea.