Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeon In Mumbai
- P.D. Hinduja National Hospital & Medical Research Centre.
- Habib Hospital
- Prince Aly Khan Hospital
- Saifee Hospital
- Asian Heart Institute and Research Centre
- Apollo Victor Hospital
Holder of an M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery) and M.S. (General Surgery) from the University of Bombay, with a Fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery from Paris, France, having several years working experience and currently in private practice since 1988.
Has conducted Multiple FREE Plastic Surgery Camps under aegis of the Jaycees, Yavatmal, India – a project that has won “Best Community Services” and “Best Medical Project” awards by Jaycees International , and also the Rotary Club of Yavatmal. Projects held at this remote district in Maharashtra have benefited over 1000 patients.
Has conducted Multiple FREE Plastic Surgery Camps under the aegis of the Lions Club of Mombasa Bahari in Mombasa, Kenya as also the Rotary Club of Eldoret in Eldoret, Kenya.
Has conducted Multiple FREE Plastic Surgery Camps at Jalna Mission Hospital, Jalna, Maharashtra along with Interplast Mission, Germany, under the aegis of Rotary Club of Bombay Midtown, of which he is also an active member.
- Fellowship in Cosmetic and Reconstructive
- Surgery, Paris, France, November 1987 to October 1988
- M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery) – University of Bombay – May 1986 1st attempt
- M.S. – (Gen. Surgery) University of Bombay – October 1983 – 1st attempt
- M.B.B.S. – Topiwala National Medical College – University of Bombay – October 1979 – 1st attempt
- Intermediate Science – Jaihind College – University of Bombay – April 1975 – 1st attempt – 1st Class
- E.C.F.M.G. Exam – January 1981 – 1st attempt
- House Officer in General Surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital 1/3/81 – 31/8/81
- House Officer in Orthopaedic Surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital 1/9/81 – 28/2/82
- House Officer in Plastic Surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital 1/3/82 – 31/8/82
- Registrar in General Surgery at Rajawadi Hospital 1/9/82 – 31/8/84
- House Officer in Plastic Surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital 1/9/84 – 31/1/85
- Registrar in Plastic Surgery at B.Y.L. Nair Hospital 1/2/85 – 28/2/87
- Research Fellow in Plastic Surgery at Tata Memorial Hospital 1/4/87 – 30/9/87
A total of 3 years in General Surgery and 20 yrs in Plastic Surgery entailing :
- Independent management of major and minor surgical cases in all age groups
- Total surgical care of elective and emergency cases in large central, peripheral and private hospitals.
- Extensive experience in congenital deformities like cleft lip, cleft palate, hypospadias etc.
- Management of a wide variety of acute trauma cases like head / face / neck / chest / abdomen injuries, complex injuries to the extremities, burns etc.
- Experience in Microsurgery
- Extensive experience in independent management of post-cancer and post-traumatic reconstructions, bedsore reconstructions etc.
- Extensive experience in Cosmetic Surgery procedures including Rhinoplasty, Blepharoplasty, Dermabrasion, Otoplasty, all Facial aesthetic surgical procedures, Breast surgery (augmentation, reduction or reconstruction), Liposuction and other body contouring procedures, Autologous fat injection, Abdominoplasty, Hair transplantation,
- Proficient in the use of Lasers. especially the Coherent Diode Laser (“Light Sheer”) for hair removal.
- Dissertation on Pressure Sores – a study of 50 cases
- Dissertation on Blunt Abdominal Trauma – a Study of 40 cases
- Paper titled “Use of the Tensor Fascia Lata Myocutaneous Flap for closure of bedsores” read at the Annual Conference of the French Society of Plastic Surgeons held in Paris, 1988.
- Paper titled “Eye socket reconstruction after exenteration – a new approach” read at the Xth Congress of the International Confederation for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery held in Madrid, Spain, July 1992.
- Paper titled “Use of midline scrotal skin for difficult urethral reconstructions” read at the Annual Conference of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, held in Bombay, August 1992.
- Paper titled “In favour of the Open Rhinoplasty” read at Gulfplast ’97, held at Bahrain, October, 1997.
- Paper titled “The use of muscle flaps for large infected wounds” read at Gulfplast ’97, held at Bahrain, October 1997
- Association of Plastic Surgeons of India
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Medical Consultants, Mumbai
- ‘D’ Ward Medical Association, Mumbai