Laparoscopic Gastroenterology & Bariatric/Obesity Surgeon
Apollo Spectra Hospital, Bangalore
MBBS (1972) and MS (1976) Manipal and Mangalore.
FRCS England and Edinburgh in 1980
Medical Director, Apollo Spectra Hospital, Bangalore
Dr. M.G. Bhat is in Bangalore from 1987. He initiated laparoscopic surgery in 1992 in Karnataka and is now among the well-known laparoscopic surgeons in the country. He was formerly Head of Department of General Surgery at the Manipal Hospital, Bangalore form 1992 to 2005 and was singularly responsible for establishing this department. He has special interest in surgical gastroenterology, especially hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery and Laparoscopy surgery.
Many complex and complicated cases are referred to him from neighbouring areas for treatment. He has an excellent reputation for his services, and he has received many honors. He has obtained a Postgraduate diploma on Medical Law and Ethics from the National Law University of India, Bangalore and a Postgraduate diploma in Medical informatics from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. He is amongst the very few doctors with this qualification in the world.
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Indian Association of Gastroenterology
- Indian Association of Endoscopy
- Indian Medical Association
- ASI-Karnataka State Chapter
- Surgical Society Bangalore
- Indian Association Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons
- Bangalore Gastro Group
- Minimal Invasive Society-UK
- International Association of Surgical Gastro (IASG)
- Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA)
- Fellow of International College Of Surgeons (ICS)
- Europeral Association of Endosurgeons (EAES)
- Hernia Society of India
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society