Incharge, Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery, Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre.
M.S. (Gen. Surg)
M.Ch. (Neuro) University of Bombay
Dr. Paresh Doshi is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at the Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai. He is also a visiting consultant Neurosurgeon at Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai Apollo General Hospital, Chennai.He is highly experienced in performing Parkinson’s disease interventions, surgeries for movement disorders and intractable epilepsies. He did his M.B.B.S., MS (General Surgery) and MCh (Neurosurgery) from Mumbai India. Also he had his post graduate clinical training in Stereotactic & Functional Neurosurgery and Epilepsy Surgery from London. He has to his credit the highest number of functional neurosurgical procedures in India, including more than 300 movement disorders surgeries to his credit. Dr. Doshi also has the unique distinction of being the first to perform ‘Deep Brain Stimulation Therapy’ in India. His expertise lies in surgeries for movement disorders and intractable epilepsies. He also treats cases of head trauma, brain tumors, spinal surgeries, vascular neurosurgeries, paediatric neurosurgeries, etc. He is in the process of setting up a psychosurgical program for psychiatric disorders. He and his team perform a wide spectrum of movement disorder surgeries including thalamotomy, pallidotomy, subthalamic nucleus lesioning and deep brain stimulation. They have performed 250 movement disorder surgeries, including 200 cases of DBS, out of which 45 cases are bilateral STN stimulation for Parkinson’s disease.
- First Indian Neurosurgeon to perform Deep Brain Stimulation surgery.
- Only Asian in the International Task Force for Movement Disorders Surgery
- Over 400 Stereotactic surgeries, including 12 brainstem procedures.
- Performed more than 125 movement disorders surgeries.
- Performed all varieties of Epilepsy surgery including Lobectomies, Awakecraniotomies, corpus callosotomy and lesionectomy.
Member of the Neurological Society of India
- Member of the Indian Society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- Member of Movement Disorder Society.
- Trustee of the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation of India, lay society helping Parkinson’s patients
- Executive committee member Asian Australasian Society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- Treasurer- Indian Society of Stereoatactic and Functional Neurosurgery.
- Member of Indian Academy of Neurology