Head of Neurosurgery at Fortis Hospital in New Delhi/NCR
Summary of qualifications
- 1981 High School, Gwalior (MP)
- 1982-1987 MBBS, G.R. Medical College, Gwalior
- 1989-1991 MS (General Surgery), GRMC, Gwalior
- 1993-1996 M.Ch (Neurosurgery) AIIMS, New Delhi
1987 Nov – 1988 Nov
12 months rotating internship GR Medical College and
JA Group of Hospitals, Gwalior
1988 Nov – 1991 Dec
GR Medical college and JA Group of Hospitals, Gwalior
Resident (Post Graduate) Surgery Department – 3 years
of residency in General Surgery leading to the MS ( General
1992 Jun – 1992 Dec
Senior Resident, Department of Neurosurgery , Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi.
1993 Jan – 1996 Feb
Neurosurgery Department, CN Centre, All India Institute of
Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Three years of senior residency leading to the award of
1996 Sept – June 2003
Assistant Professor, Neurosurgery Department, CN Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
2003 – 2005
Associate professor, Dept. of Neurosurgery and Gamma
Knife, AIIMS, New Delhi
Dept. of Neurosurgery AIIMS
2006 – June, 2012
Senior Consultant, Neurosurgery
Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
July 2012 – till date
Head – Nuerosurgery
Fortis Memorial Research Institute
Apart from doing routine Neurosurgery including head and spinal trauma, intracranial and intraspinal tumours, vascular
surgery I have developed special interest in several fields first of which was in Gamma knife radiosurgery for which I was trained at Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden in March 1997. Since April
’97 when our Gamma Knife was installed I have been instrumental in starting and functioning of the unit. We have treated more than 1000 cases in which my personal experience has been more than 650 cases which is the largest in the country.
- I have developed special interest in functional neurosurgery, spinal surgery and brachial plexus and peripheral nerve surgeries. My interest in spinal surgery particularly congenital abnormalities and spinal instrumentation continues. I am performing the largest number of brachial plexus and peripheral nerve surgeries in the country and have operated more than 250 cases till now apart from conducting various operative workshops in this field.
- I have started the Functional Neurosurgery program at our centre and have placed more than 60 DBS implants till now.
- Underwent a 2 weeks training in Gamma Knife
Radiosurgery at Karolinska Institute Sweden.
- Attended a course in advanced pneumatic instrumentation for neurosurgical procedures conducted by Midas Rex Institute.
- Instrumental in starting the image guided surgery at
- Neurological Society of India
- Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Indian Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery.
- Delhi Neurological Association.
- International Leksell Gamma Knife Society.
- Indian society of Paediatric Neurosurgery
- Indian society of spinal neurosurgeons
- Neurotrauma Society of India
- Indian Society for Skull base surgery