Nowadays, erection problem has become a principal cause of concern amongst men. Every man suffers from erection trouble at some point in time. It is absolutely normal & gets settle down on its own in most instances. When such problem persists for a longer time and starts to affect one’s sexual life, then respective individuals should seek a medical help. It has been observed that serious erection issues not only impact physical health but also strike psychological health of men. It can disturb their harmonious relationship with a female partner which may eventually lead them into a state of depression. An appropriate treatment can help treat erectile difficulties & improve overall quality of life.
What is Penile Implant Surgery?
Erectile dysfunction is simply a health condition which restricts a man to attain & hold an erection during physical intercourse. Penile implant surgery is a medical intervention which can help treat erectile dysfunction problem in men. Penile implant procedure involves the use of an artificial penile implant which can aid a firm penis during sexual activity & produce satisfying outcomes.
Eligible Candidates for Penile Implant Surgery
Unfortunately, everyone is not eligible for this andrology treatment. Patients need to fulfill the following criteria to undergo a penile implant.
- Failure of Non-Surgical Treatments – Primary treatment for erectile dysfunction include the use of medicines or a penis pump device. Patients may consider a surgical approach when these methods do not serve the purpose.
- General Health – Patients should be in a good general health condition. Men who are struggling with problems like scarring, skin lesions on penile region, urinary tract infection & penile cancer are not considered to be ideal for undergoing a penile implantation procedure. They may require withstanding some other remedial treatments prior to penile surgery.
- Realistic Expectations – It is a myth that a penis implant surgery can increase the length of penis and enhance sexual desire. Patients willing to opt for a penile implantation need to stay in touch with reality. This andrology treatment can only treat erection problems and does not alter length of patient’s penis.
What Are The Main Types of Penile Implants?
There are mainly two types of penile implants which are listed as follows. Cosmetic surgeons choose a suitable implant according to patient’s requirement.
- Inflatable Implants – These implants are the most commonly used during penis surgery. These implants consist of a pump which can be easily inflated when a man wants to indulge in sexual activity. Also, it can be easily deflated after completion of intercourse.
- Semirigid Rods – Semirigid rod penis implants are relatively firm in nature as compared to inflatable implants. They can be bent smoothly into an erect posture while doing sex. These rigid implants are not used often as they may build up pressure on penile area over a period of time.
Risks & Complications Related To Penile Implant Surgery
The given list elaborates some potential risks and complications linked with a penile implant surgery.
- Severe Infection – Patients suffering from other medical conditions like diabetes and spinal disorders are at a greater risk of developing an infection following penile implant surgery.
- Uncontrolled Bleeding – In some instances, patients may encounter a serious bleeding problem. Surgeons may recommend a revision surgery to help patients.
- Mechanical Failure – Low quality of penile implant may give rise to poor functioning issues and result in rupturing of implant. In addition to this, artificial prosthesis may also get damaged due to improper care and failure to follow doctor’s guidelines.
Patients must select an experienced and qualified plastic surgeon to minimize such serious complications. They should clear all their doubts and discuss regarding their expectations with respective surgeons to ensure a successful outcome.
Key Advantages of Penile Implant Surgery
Penile implant surgery can provide the following key benefits to patients.
- Simple and safe surgical approach
- Efficiently treats the problem of erectile dysfunction
- Addresses psychological insecurities of men having erection trouble
- Provides beneficial outcomes
- Maximizes patient’s quality of life
Best Penile Implant Surgery with Travcure Medical Tourism
Travcure Medical Tourism is recognized as one of the top-most cosmetic care providers across the world. Travcure has a very good association with leading health care centers and well experienced plastic surgeons serving in countries like India, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, and Germany. Healthcare professionals at Travcure aim at rendering best possible treatment packages to international patients seeking cosmetic solutions including a penile implant surgery. Penile implant surgery cost can be extremely high in western nations like Australia or Canada. Medical experts at Travcure offer penile implant surgery at highly reasonable prices without compromising on its quality. They also take care of patient’s appointments, food, and travel throughout their health care journey. Therefore, overseas patients can heavily depend on excellent medical provisions of Travcure and ensure long-term results.